Friday 19 June 2015

Nomad Way x Milestone Method- Week one.

Okay folks, nearly a week in to my Milestone Method cut and very few adjustments to report.

I guess one of the biggest reasons people preclude meal prep or even the idea of healthy eating from their sphere of consciousness if they live a travelling lifestyle is lack of facilities. To be honest, it's only taken the tiniest bit of ingenuity to make it work, a lot of people I travel with fall into the trap of thinking Pot Noodles, takeaways and sandwiches are the only meals accessible to them in roadside hotels, but it's just not true. I used up all of the food I had prepped from home on Wednesday, but it honestly took very little ingenuity or rearranging to maintain my routine. You've seen my meal plan in my last post, so let's have a look at how I kept it up.

Shakes? Easiest one of the lot, I bought a case of water and left it in the truck overnight keeping it more than cool enough. Shakers I washed in the bath, think that's weird? I think eating sandwiches from a petrol station for dinner is weird.


Brown rice? Flick through my Instagram feed and you'll see a video of me cooking that stuff up in the kettle. Don't just think outside of the box, build the box yourself and smash it to pieces with a sledgehammer for the cardio. What I actually did was switch the rice out for rice cakes, look for cakes with AT LEAST 90% brown rice content and nothing nasty. They're not exactly gourmet but to get the amount of carbs I require to hit my macros from rice cakes I'm eating more than enough to fill me up.


Fruit and veg? Buy it fresh every day or two, that way you're not worrying about keeping it fresh. A big bag of spinach has a great calorie to satiety ratio. Apples, grapes, cucumber. This one really isn't rocket science is it?

Wholemeal bagels? I'm not going to explain this one, if you can't figure out how to 'prep' plain bagels I'm quite surprised you're allowed to operate the Internet. Move along. 

Tinned tuna? Bought a sachet of really low calorie barbecue seasoning and have been mixing this, with some leafy salad into a Tupperware container with my chum, actually delicious. Try.

Red meat? It's summer, every supermarket has disposable barbecues for a few pounds, I'm already lunging up and down an access road with a barbell, it really isn't that (much more) insane that I'd also be cooking up a few days worth of lean meat. If you don't like the idea of this or think it's 'not normal', ask yourself, do you want to look 'normal'? If you do, then go fire up the kettle for that pot noodle.

I have a hell of a sweet tooth, luckily enough my *ahem* 'lifestyle', means the diet Milestone have put together for me keeps me more than fuelled and full. However... Check out Hartleys 10 calorie jelly pots, they provide zero nutritional value but at the end of the day, it's a pot of jelly that doesn't even blow dust onto your macros for the day.

So, with the odd slip I'm doing pretty well (I ate a cookie on day 4, I'm a big stress eater and it was a tough morning. I had come in under my calories I day 3 so it's not the end of the world, I will be much more diligent moving forward until Layne tells me I can have a refeed, at which point I will inhale a pizza like I've just surfaced from the bottom of the Atlantic). 

I really do admire people who eat clean all year round, having the motivation to train really isn't anything to me as I'm actively adding something I enjoy to my day. Removing things I enjoy is where legitimate discipline comes into play, so shout out to all of you guys that keep it clean, lean and mean 24/7.

And the thing you all really want to know? Yes, I'm noticeably leaner, I'll step on a scale over the weekend. But I'm already tightening up, and with no negative impact on my performance. In fact, the pre workout medium glycemic carbs Layne scheduled for me are sitting much better with me than the 5 giant cookies I'd usually scarf back. My workouts have felt great even after some particularly taxing days in the rain and wind.

After the weekend I'll be adding additional conditioning sessions in on my break at work, for both the extra calorie expenditure and for something a little bit special I may getting involved in later in the year...

Please, any questions you have, head over to IG and fire them onto any of my pics and we can get some interaction going on!

Head over here to find out about getting your own tailored Milestone Method plan or check out their IG page to see all of the amazing results they've been getting for their clients. 

Peace out

AT

No comments:

Post a Comment