Monday 22 June 2015

Milestone Method- Week 1 update

Three things to report, possibly more but I seriously doubt I'll come back and change this intro, so I guess we're in this together right now folks...

1) I'm a week through my Milestone Method diet, I didn't weigh myself throughout the
week and I suffered from a serious lack of dietary willpower on Sunday, long story short; I wasn't expecting miracles when I weighed in this morning. One week isn't a long time to be in a small/ moderate calorie deficit, if you're being sensible about your weight loss and giving yourself enough calories to still function optimally, you should only be looking at dropping 1-2lb per week (unless you're going down a low carb route, where you may initially shift quite a bit of weight as you drop excess water, the flip side of this being you can expect reciprocal weight gain if you over indulge on carbs at any point and 'fill up'). As you can imagine, I was pretty surprised this morning when I stepped on the scales to see I was 3kg (!) lighter than this time last week. Aesthetically, although not massive, the changes are noticeable.

This got me thinking, you can carefully and closely track your food and calorie intake. You can know precisely what macronutrients you consume throughout the day, but it really is difficult to peg down just how many calories you're expending. My work is insanely physical, I workout with a pretty good intensity most days and I tend not to sit still from dawn until I eventually drop into bed in the evening, so maybe it's just that my energy requirements are super high? 

Maybe it's because I tend not to eat my first solid meal until around one o'clock, this is around 6 hrs hours into my work day and I've probably covered around 5-6 miles (under load) on foot by this point? Perhaps it's this level of essentially fasted, steady state cardio that causes quick weight loss? I don't know for sure, but I'm quite comfortable with the amount of calories I'm consuming, so until I start feeling excessively fatigued or my work/ workouts start suffering, I'll stick to this calorie range until advised otherwise by Layne.

2. I'm going to adjust my meal plan slightly this week (whilst sticking to the same macro count), by the time I was done cooking and prepping last week whilst away, it was gone midnight, this is pretty normal for me and I generally get by on 4-5 hours sleep, but it would be nice (and probably do wonders for my health) to get a bit more shut eye. My meal breakdown is going to look something like this-

10am- 20g casein, 5-10 EFA's 
1pm- Tuna, rice cakes, apple
6-7pm- 1-2 wholegrain bagels, Apple
During workout- 30g whey, 70g simple carbs (probably lucoazde/ glucose)
Post workout-20g whey, 2 bananas
Dinner- Tuna (or turkey), rice cakes (or brown rice), salad vegetables.
Before bed- 20g casein, 10g almond butter.

Obviously this is pretty heavy on the supps, something I'm usually keen to avoid but it's a case of cramming the right amount of nutrients into some very small windows. (It's still three solid meals that being said).

3. I'm adding some brisk conditioning sessions throughout the day at work. Firstly and foremost, these aren't going to be super structured, just a case of ramping my heart rate right up and sweating it out for 15-20mins. Mainly I just want to be able to focus on my strength during my main training, ensuring I'm still making progress whilst dieting, sometimes I feel if I try to make my actual weight training a bit too 'breathy', I'll sacrifice weight. I'll still be training like a whipped horse, just prioritising progression in my 'main' training session and going for broke in the ancillary workouts. I'll let you all know exactly what I get up to, mainly over on IG.

So, turns out there was only 3 things (unless I forget the fourth in the course of writing the other three), either way, we're done here... 

Here's some progress/ comparison pictures for you to get your peepers on, and here's a link to get your own personalised training program from Milestone.
Unless that hair band was really, really heavy of course.
Pout gainz



Peace out!

AT

3 comments:

  1. hello blogger,i really appreciate your highly thought about this matter through your post.Obviously your post is very informative.If you update your Social account, please visit buy facebook likes For facebook Service

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greetings dear,many many thanks for sharing such wonderful information with us.I am eagerly waiting for your next post.Kindly please visitbuy-instagram-likes site for social information.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll give you a pat on the back just for the sheer effort in screencapping all those blogs.Giving a blog talk to beginner bloggers in the not-too-distant future, I'll be pointing people in the direction of your efforts. Nicely put together dude.Here is our small effort aboutbuy-twitter-followers

    ReplyDelete